Our Goals for your Preschoolers Education at Ascension
Our four areas of focus are concerned with the total and unique growth and development of your child. We seek to promote:
Ascension teaches your preschooler to gain higher-level thinking skills by:
- Implementing daily calendar math activities to teach about sequence of events, patterns, number recognition & counting.
- Designing learning centers to teach about estimating, making predictions, experimenting, drawing conclusions, building, manipulating and creating.
- Introducing high-quality children’s literature to promote the love of reading.
- Providing Handwriting Without Tears Curriculum to encourage your child to learn letter recognition, fine motor skillS and practice handwriting.
- Teaching phonemic awareness through hands on activities, movement & music.
- Fostering brain development through the use of our Minds in Motion Maze.
Social & Emotional Development
Ascension guides your child in developing a healthy self esteem by:
- Promoting the development of self-confidence.
- Teaching children to share and be responsible to other members of the group.
- Maintaining classroom-helpers to practice carrying out classroom responsibilities.
- Modeling social concepts such as “please” and “thank you.”
- Leading daily classroom conversations and community-building discussions.
- Encouraging cooperation and sharing with others.
Ascension coaches your preschooler in developing gross and fine motor skills by:
- Teaching Handwriting Without Tears Curriculum, art activities, and manipulatives to enhance fine-motor skills.
- Planning activities on our playground and gym to strengthen coordination and gross motor skills through running, jumping, and throwing activities.
- Attending PE each week.
- Offering healthy food choices for snacks and meals.
Ascension mentors for your child’s religious education by:
- Developing and awareness of God and Creation.
- Developing the ability to talk to God through song and prayer.